If you’re following along on the old IG, you will know that I’m currently on holiday over in LA visiting the bae. However, I have also planned this trip PERFECTLY around when Sephora usually have their VIB Rouge sale.. (* I did not plan this at all, it’s just perfect timing that is going to make me very broke).
So, I thought I’d share with you what’s on MY SHOPPING LIST. I’ve got a fair few things, but also just wanted to do that we la la lalala that states that this is my JOB and so I’m fortunate enough to drop some serious $&$)$$$ trying to find out what you guys will love. Full reviews of these products will follow in the months to come! I should also add that due to being a pro MUA, you won’t see a few brands on here as I can get them on PRO discount and/or they are not available at Sephora. Xxx
• First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Priming Moisturiser. This is a repeat purchase, I love how gentle and soothing this is on the skin! I’ll be buying the full size this time.
• Drunk Elephant “The Littlies” Set. I have never tried DE, but have always heard amazing things- Sephora offers a gift set of a handful of their best sellers, so I’ll pick this one up!
• Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Team I was torn on this one… couldn’t decide between this and the Eye Matrix version but after a few handy DM’s I think I’ll be going for the OG.
• Tatcha Bestsellers Set. Similarly to Drunken Elephant, I haven’t tried much from Tatcha- but their dewy skin mist is a dream. This set also includes their water balm which I am *SO* excited for!!
• Clinique Moisture Surge 72-hour Hydrator. Already own and love love love this. I’m getting another one, plus a mini for travel.
• Bobbi Brown Illuminating Moisture Balm. IN GOLDEN GLOW. Find me one more of my favourite makeup artists that raves about this and I’ll probably buy 6. I am so excited.
• Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. Not only am I obsessed with Marianna Hewitt (founder) but I’m a frequent flyer this month and LOVE a good plane mask. This constantly sells out so it must be a banger.
• First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Mini. Have the big one, need the small one. Love this shit. Enough said.
• Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust. Stacey recommended this way back when and a) gotta trust her and b) ADORE TF.
• Bare Minerals Broad Spectrum Concealer in Well Rested. This was my year 12 HOLY GRAIL makeup product, and I’m gonna whip it back out this year. It’s a pale yellow under eye powder that helps to brighten darker circles. I’m so interested to see if I still love it.
• Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation. I know.. how far behind am I. Sephora sent out an email link that was a quiz for your ‘perfect’ foundation and this came up as mine- so why not!
• Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer. To be honest, I’m scared this is a HYPE product. But I’ve seen a few good reviews and I’m such a sucker. I might pussy out of this one.. we will see.
• Cover FX Custom Blot Drops. Another darling MUA, Emma Doolan, recommended this as the ONLY primer that keeps her oils at bay. I’m super dry, but I’ll pick this up for my kit and the shiny babes.
• Estée Lauder DW Nude Foundation. I’m buying another Rattan (my shade) and a few for my kit. I can’t speak highly enough of this for a beautiful everyday, dewy base.
• Too Faced Hangover Primer Mini. Another kit top up, I love this for dry/dehydrated skin because I know it keeps the hydration coming well into the night.
• Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(MARC)able Full Cover Concerntrate. I’m interested in this.. I’ll probably grab a sample before forking out the $$ (55USD to be exact) but if I love it, it will be a kit investment.
• Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation. Another ‘unsure’ purchase, I have heard AMAZING things but I don’t know if $64USD worth of amazingness..
• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. LOVE this stuff, it’s so finely milled for my under eyes and perfect for everyday as it has no flashback (if used lightly).
• Laura Mercier Foundation Primer- Oil Free. I bought the Radiance version of this on recommendation, and I LOVE IT. LM produces some of the most beautiful refined products for beauty makeup, I can’t get enough.
• Benefit PoreFessional Pearl Primer. Supposedly a more radiant and hydrating version I am SO excited for this. The OG works wonders for my nose but dries it out SO bad.
• First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint. Ash from Oz Product Junkie swears that this is a more matte version of MAC Face and Body- making it absolutely ideal for male grooming. I am all for it if it is, but the shade range (4) is crap.
• Bobbi Brown Skin LongWear Weightless Foundation. I rave about this so much that my phone automatically finished the name for me… it’s SO beautiful. Think MAC Studio Fix but a little more radiant, the only downside is the lavender scent. I’m buying another of my shade (Natural 4) and a few for my kit.
• ABH Amrezy Highlighter. I’m only buying this if I swatch it in store and it’s not chunky asf. I don’t have high hopes but I’m praying.
• ABH Powder Bronze in Rich Amber and Saddle. You know, I’m STILL on the hunt for the perfect bronzer. It’s fu**ing impossible. The closest one I’ve found to heaven is the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow but it’s SO EXPENNY- here’s hoping these do the trick.
• Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder. I’m going to pick up one or two of these specifically for ball season because they’re BLINDING.
• Tom Ford Sheer Highlighting Duo. SO BEAUTIFUL. SO EXPENSIVE. HOLD ME BACK.
• NARS Wanted Cheek Palette. So convenient for a kit, however I haven’t swatched them yet and my last NARS palette (Bord de Blage) was a bit of a let down.
• Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Mini. I swear by almost EVERY single Hourglass powder product, so if I don’t get the NARS palette then I’ll buy a handful of these. Either way I’m getting the shade ‘Diffused Heat’ to add to my collection.
• Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop. Another product that I used to love and then just never re-purchased, but here we go again!!
• ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown. SO SLOW, never tried! I’ve just finished my MAC one so I’m gonna try this out. I rarely use pomade so if I don’t rate I can always use it in my kit.
• Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Warm Brown. THESE ARE TINY omg, but supposedly little gems. I actually like how compact they are, especially for the colours that I would take travelling with me.
• Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Demolition and Perversion. Apparently this is LEGIT for contact lens wearers- my forever struggle.
• Benefit Bad Gal BANG Mascara. I was kindly gifted a small size of this and I like it a LOT. More than Rollerlash, which I didn’t think was possible…
• Violet Voss LIKE A BOSS Palette. I’m obsessed with my VV Holy Grail palette, and this one gives me a few more options for ball season. Send it my waaaaay!!
LIPS + MISC:
• Ouai All the Ouai Up Kit. I’ve been recommended to try all of the Ouai products so I’m gonna start with this little kit on myself! I love the idea of Dry Shampoo in FOAM form too!
• Hourglass Confession Lipstick refill in I Lust For. God damn I wish these things weren’t so expensive. I’m gonna call it- this is my favourite lipstick formula EVER. So creamy and so pigmented.
• A Maison Margiela fragrance. I’m not sure which one yet.. I’m doing this one for the gram.
• Tom Ford Ultra Rich Lip Colour in ‘Revolve Around Me’. I think I want to splurge on this one, I’ve swatched it every single time I’ve been to Ballantynes this year. It’s so stunning even if it is just another peachy nude.
• and finally, Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer. Think NARS Orgasm in lipgloss form. The most beautiful Gloss EVER (and such an awesome present because it suits everyone!)
And yes, if you’re wondering, this comes to about $2000… stay tuned to see what gets the cut (and how much freakin money I drop on the mini’s at the counter).